Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Students

On my first official FDP (Field Directed Program), the Cádiz City Orientation, my students wanted to take a class picture on the beach. I also took another group of students to the mall at 10 in the morning and saw flamenco with a glass of sangria in the evening. I thought my night would end with tapas, eating the best chorizo (sausage), tomatoes, and olives, I've ever had--in a bar with some colleagues while jamón serrano was hanging from the ceiling. I had a glass of cava (Spanish champagne) and then a delicious glass of Spanish Rioja wine). The bill was less than 10 Euros. On our walk back to the ship, my friends and I found ourselves outside the flamenco bar we visited earlier that evening. We decided to go back in and ended up talking to the family who owned the bar. They happened to be celebrating their son's birthday. By the end of our time there, we were drinking toasts to the son, and the mother of the family was singing sevillanas (flamenco songs). We didn't get home until 1.30AM, but I could still hear people boarding the ship well after that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment